Friday, October 31, 2008

Tagged. I got a quirky tag today....name 6 things about myself that are quirky. Maybe I should ask Derrick. He probably has a list a mile long. But I'll do my best.

1. Door knobs. I have issues with doorknobs. My house may not always be super clean, but you can count on my doorknobs being cleaned on a very regular basis. I wash my hands twice in the bathroom. Once after I flush, so that I won't get any germs on the doorknob, and once after I open the door, in case anyone else touched it without washing first. I also take my bottle of Lysol around at least once a day and wash the doorknobs.

2. Feet. I don't like feet at all. I especially don't like my own feet. When I was in Junior High and High School P.E. and they made us take off our shoes for something, I just about died. I just really don't like feet. I think Derrick (and my dad) may be the only guy EVER to touch my feet.

3. Sand. I have a fear of sand in my food. When we go to the beach, and I see a little person put their hand in the bag of chips, I'm done. The thought of biting into a chip and feeling that sand grit between my teeth, just sends me through the roof. It's worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. Last time we went to the beach, we ate in the car before we got out. Just to prevent the sand thing.

4. Music. I listen to music only for the beat. Sometimes I'll be singing a song that I have really always liked, and Derrick looks at me with complete shock. He then asks me if I know what I'm singing, and of course, I have no clue. I've never thought about it. When he tells me what the song is talking about, it usually makes me blush. I've had to delete some songs off of my ipod. It's a shame, since they had such a great beat!

5. Smell. I have a super strong sense of smell. I can smell something and have memories flood back from my childhood. It's probably the reason we don't have a pet. Even a clean dog still smells like a dog to me. It doesn't bother me when other people have pets (to a point), but I just can't do it myself. I have 4 boys, that's bad enough!

6. Memory. I think I remember everyone I've ever met. Not that they remember me. I just don't forget people. I remember the smallest details of conversations we've had. I usually remember their name too. I can't remember what we had for dinner last night, and I almost always forget to make it to doctors and dentists appointments, and it's almost scary how lost I can get because I forget which way I came from...but I NEVER forget people.

That's it! So now I'll tag Maria (you don't come across as a quirky person, so I'm dyeing to know), Tonya (I'm laughing already), Ruth (I've never really thought about your quirks), Gabe, Nicky, and Laura (yep, sister Campbell, that's you).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool- saving this to blog on a day when there is nothing to say!

And your door knobs- I am not quite as funny as you, but I wash them every week and if I reach for a doorknob and feel grimey hands- i want to cry.

Victoria said...

You are quite quirky. I enjoyed reading those. The music one was a crack up! And I'm like you, I never forget a person. Thats a great quality you have!!

Nicky said...

I've been tagged on this one before, but never got around to it. However, I've been thinking about it, and trying to narrow it down to just 6! And oh...doorknobs!, especially bathroom ones - uuggggghhh!!!! (will be one of the top on my list too).

Maria said...

I might have to pull a 'nicky' and wait till I get tagged again on this one. I am having a hard time thinking of 'quirks' and when I asked Jordan he was SURE I have plenty but couldn't seem to come up with anything!

farmgirl said...

What a fun post. I love your quirk-i-ness. I have the same issues with music, I don't really pay much attention to the lyrics....until I Mike clues me in.

p.s. I started a blog-- farmgirllife.blogspot.com

tysonandmandimoser said...

You are wierd!!!