Sunday, October 5, 2008

Then and Now...and What's to Come

When we went to our family camp in August, we took this picture, which I posted a while back. I was the only one left, still pregnant and miserable. The two on the ends are my niece (in laws) and then my sister in law and my sister are on either side of me. All with sweet babies...except for me!
The picture below was taken last Sunday at Desmonds blessing. We're missing one of the babies, but here are the rest. Starting on the right, Kamden, Kameron, Desmond, Ryan. Aren't they sweet???

When I was looking at this picture, I started thinking about what it must have been like for them in Heaven before they came. I'm sure that they were all good friends. They must have encouraged one another, and cheered one another on as they came to earth just one at a time. I'm sure that their farewells were sweet. I can imagine little Desmond being the last of the group. The others encouraging him that they were just sure that we wouldn't leave him behind....not for long anyways. And yu know, we had no idea that Desmond was going to be part of our family. It wasn't until we knew that these other sweet spirits were on their way, that we felt the prompting that there was one more little person who needed to be with us. Perhaps his cousins were helping to give us a little nudge??? I also imagine these spirits in Heaven promising eachother that they would look after eachother here on earth. That they would stick together and help eachother to succeed, to return to Heavenly Father some day. After all, isn't that what friends would want for eachother? Just a thought. Perhaps just my imagination...but maybe not!
So I hope and pray that this is exactly what will happen. I hope that these little friends will be a good example to eachother. That they'll help eachother to succeed. That they'll pull eachother up, not down. They are all so different, but they're all so much the same too! They have come to join an extended family that loves tradition, and loves to spend time together. They are all loved by their parents, their grandparents, their cousins, their aunts and uncles, their brothers and sisters, and most of all, by their Heavenly Father! And I hope that they will never ever forget that!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

What a sweet post! It looks as though those are some lucky babies; much loved by all!

Nicky said...

OK...I couldn't read all of this post through my tears (now I'm laughing that I'm crying - must be left over hormones from having a baby!). You put thoughts that I've also had into words so well. In fact...maybe I will copy and paste your post into mine, since it was said so perfectly! What sweet babies, and blessed moms!

Maria said...

I have a feeling these are the first of many pictures of these cousins together! They are lucky to have so many cousins their same age... too bad for McKay you all are a year late! :)

The Pili Aiga said...

I love reading your blog Kell. I've kept up but never seemed to have time to leave a comment...always rushing :( Desmond is precious and you are such a good mama. I'm sure those babies will all be good friends especially with you all as examples :)

jennaloha said...

What happened to my favorite commenter on my blog? I miss your feedback as my comment acquisition is suffering over all. Maybe when you don't have a newborn I'll get you back?

I do realize this is a shameless plea for comments but no pressure :)

Jen Merrill said...

someone at church made a comment that our pioneer ancestors had the challenge of crossing the plains and watching their children die along the way... but our challenge in the latter days will be to protect our children from spiritual death and from the wickedness that now surrounds us everywhere everyday. with the support of each other, those little cousins may have an advantage. :)