Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh, CRAP!!!

I'm seriously in a lot of trouble! No, I didn't wreck the car, or buy a hundred dollar pair of jeans. I didn't even volunteer Derrick for some huge service project. This is what I did do though...


Tannon and Myah and I (along with Des of course) went to Shopko to check out the Halloween costumes today. Tannon wants to be a Ninja. Myah is already hooked up with her 'Dorothy' costume. Shopko was a flop in the costume department. I think it's time to pull out the Halloween box and get creative! So anyways, after our stroll through Shopko, I remembered that on the other end of the mall there is a party supply store with costumes. There was nothing there either, just a bunch of mannequins dressed in only the skankiest of skanky costumes. Do women really dress like that on Halloween? In public??? I'm getting sidetracked again. So while we were walking to the party store, we passed by the food court. It's pretty small, and I was sort of thinking of stopping by Mrs. Powells and grabbing a pink sugar cookie, but I promised I would do good today. I thought I might even hit the treadmill later on. So as we're walking through the foodcourt, I looked down and saw a couple sharing an ice cream. I was suprised, since I didn't think there was an ice cream spot in our mall. As I took a second glance, I saw where they had gotten their ice cream. Apparently, Dairy Queen has moved on out, and in it's place....A GELATO BAR!!! I haven't had Gelato (Italian ice cream) since I was in Germany 15 YEARS AGO!!! There's just nothing quite like it. And that is why I'm in so much trouble!
So much for the motivation and determination that was creeping into me to lose a little baby fat! I know without a doubt that I will be frequenting the new Gelato bar a couple times a week at least. The kids and I shared one today, and I plan on taking Derrick back tonight. Just down the hall from this new favorite place in Pocatello, an Aeropostale store opened. Pretty cool, but Aeropostale clothes and italian ice cream just aren't going to work well together I'm afraid! Oh well!

6 comments:

Tonya said...

i know just how you feel. i lost all that weight and then got pregnant and have given myself a license to eat. i am sick when i eat and sick when i don't eat so i just eat . . .
i have had gelato beofer and it's for dang good. miss ya any old baby advice like, do i really need to rebuy all that baby stuff. what's the most important. i have a stroller, older carseat, junkie port of crib(it will do) and 3 blankets.

Huffstuff said...

I have never heard of it, but I will def. be trying it soon. looks good.

Jen Merrill said...

they have a new gelato bar in idaho falls mall too. i treated myself yesterday- biscotti flavor!!! it was the best EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Nicky said...

OH MAN...!!!! I guess if we ever want to get together, it will have to be here - I can't be anywhere near that stuff.

Unknown said...

There was a place like that in Ogden we never went to. Was that a mistake?

Ruth Swaner said...

Yes Kelli, be afraid, very afraid. I ate so much of that ice cream when we were in Italy....it is soooo good....I and Roger will be up for more. Oh crap....more exersizing. Love, MOM S.