Friday, October 31, 2008

Guilt...

Why am I feeling so guilty today??? This is the first time EVER in the history of my kids' education, since Skyler started preschool when he was 4, that I have NOT volunteered my services at a school Halloween party (at least one per year). Shouldn't I feel as though I've earned the right to stay at home with the baby? Why don't I feel that way? I was determined to stay away this year and let some of the other mothers take it on, which I'm sure they are more than capable of....but then WHY do I feel guilty about it!? I didn't even get asked to send cookies or anything! Tannon's costume doesn't even require my assistance at school. I wonder if I'll actually be able to stay away! Probably not. I guess it's most likely I'll see y'all (at least you Pocatello friends) at the school in a few hours!

3 comments:

Nicky said...

I did that last year when I was so sick. The guilt goes away when they come home from school and tell you what a great time they had, even tho you weren't there!

Unknown said...

Good for you! Last year- after years of years of being in school at least an hour a day donating time- i did not do ONE thing. FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!!! It was wonderful!

Time off is over tho- I am in charge of Jordans party today- It will be super fun!

Victoria said...

Yeah, you totally deserve a year off. But we can always go hang out for the parade, right!? See you there.