Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's official...school's out! I have mixed emotions this year, just because while I really want to make this a fun and exciting summer for the kids, I feel like I need a good routine right now just to keep my head above water!

We (meaning Derrick and the kids) kicked off summer break on Thursday night. They built a bon-fire in the back yard and made tin foil dinners and smores. Derrick delivered mine to me inside. I'd had a big day. Skyler's friends from our street all happened to congregate in our back yard for night games. It sure sounded like they were having a lot of fun, other than one of the neighbors yelling at them for running on his new sod. It was a fun night, since they are all really great to let me other kids join in on the games (none of Zac's buddies live right here on our street). They even took Myah along with them.

Yesterday, they woke to me making a nice big excel worksheet of their summer jobs. I'm sure they were so excited about that, but the days are just too long if they don't have a little work to break it up!

So, here we go with oodles of neighborhood kids, endless otter pop wrappers in the yard, dozens of shoes left around the trampoline, late nights, emotional days, back yard barbecues, smores, swimming pools, water guns, and great times! Wow, wouldn't it be great to be a kid again???
Notice that Skyler isn't even in the picture. Apparently, at this point he was the 'kidnapper', although I'm not sure what that means.

4 comments:

jennaloha said...

Your family is always doing fun, cool stuff. I hope my kids never look at your blog cuz they would feel jipped.

p.s. We are going to be in Rexburg from July 11 thru the end of the month. Want to play?

Hammond Family said...

I can't believe school is out for your kids alreay! We don't get out until Jun. 19th! Sounds fun to be a kid again. Your kids are lucky to have a mom like you!

Huffstuff said...

looks fun. I won't mention it to Hayden he will be upset he missed out. Great idea with the chore charts from excel. I may have to borrow that idea. thanks

The Pili Aiga said...

See...you are way more creative than me. I told Leslie about it today. I was telling her we should do something like that with our kids and make smores and play hide and seek or something. All I ever do is think of going out to eat...ya know my infatuation with food...haha...I always look at what you do and it seems like nice family fun. I'm too lazy to get off my rear and do something fun. You have inspired me :)