Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do Husbands 'Nest'???

I think that Derrick is 'nesting' today. Or maybe he's just sick and tired of the mess we've had around here since January when the morning sickness kicked in! So far, we've painted the big downstairs family room, created Myah a new bedroom (which used to be the office), started a new bedroom for the baby (used to be Myah's room), and rearranged almost the entire house. At the moment, he's 'dejunking' our bedroom, which is a HUGE accomplishment. Last night, he even relocated the piano ALL BY HIMSELF! I think I like this 'nesting' stuff. Especially when he catches it!

5 comments:

The Pili Aiga said...

Hi Kell,
I have been working a ton and am just barely catching up reading everyone's blogs....yep, he's nesting. Or is it just one of those rare moments that will end sometime today and whatever is unfinished will stay that way until you do it? ha ha just kidding Derrik :) Maybe I need to get pregnant so Wayland could nest and get some stuff done around here. Hope you're enjoying the cooler weather...107 today :( How are the kids? Love your blogs.
Beck

Huffstuff said...

I may have to take advantage of his nesting, he is doing what desparately needs to be done here. Dan planned on doing a lot during his 2 weeks vacation, but since the surgery and Earl telling him to take it easy, nothing has gotten done, o well, it will happen someday. What a great guy you have.

Maria said...

Either nesting or spring fever... he can't wait to get outside!

Unknown said...

Lol- thats fun. Dave does that kind of stuff all the time. I have never known him to just sit for more than an hour a night. He calls all the time... " Can you run to home depot so I can _____________ this week after work?"

Nicky said...

This is a foreign concept to me. What is nesting? What is cleaning? And WHAT is organization?????? Fill me in please...or better yet...fill Ira in for me!! :)