Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Once In a While...

Every once in a while, we (Derrick and I) do something really smart as parents! It's only every now and again, but I think it would take the fun out of it if we were smart parents all the time! I mean, where's the surprise element in that? Since we started rearranging the house to make room for the Swaner Seven, we had a dilemma...where could we put the piano? We've always kept it in the office (now Myah's room) where it could be heard but not seen. It's really very ugly, but what more could we expect from a hundred dollar piano? But it serves it's purpose. So our genius idea...let's swallow our pride, and put the piano in the living room, right where we spend the majority of our time! And the craziest thing has happened...our kids actually PLAY the piano, all the time! To make it even better, we relocated the WII to the basement. Last week, our family time was centered around NBA 08...this week, it's centered around 'Book of Mormon Stories' (courtesy of Zac) and 'In Dreams' (from Lord of the Rings, courtesy of Skyler), and 'Brother John' (courtesy of Tannon). Now what could be better than that? Sometimes, we really do impress ourseves...but only once in a while!

5 comments:

The Pili Aiga said...

Good job guys! ha ha I'm thinking must be very nice to have a house with a basement :) lucky you. Anyone taking piano lessons? You should post a picture of your house. I'd love to see where you live now. I bet moving the piano was a pain becuase if it's as old as the one we first had, those things are heavy!

Victoria said...

It's amazing what a little re-arranging will do. I think sometimes if kids can't see something they forget it's even there.

jennaloha said...

I forgot about basements altogether.

I think another smart thing you guys can do is take a family trip to AZ and visit us. But don't take it in the summer, that's not smart.

Tell me when you are coming.

Nicky said...

How about my children come visit your house for the ENTIRE summer? They might get more education (music) and patience then they will at our house!

Maria said...

That is awesome! Maybe the piano isn't so ugly after all...