Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Are We The Only Ones???

The more blogs I'm reading, the more I'm thinking that I ought to have a giant 'L' plastered to my forehead...'L' for 'Loser'! Are we the only family that did absolutely NOTHING over Memorial Day weekend? I'm reading about all of these weekend getaways, and quality family time, complete with cute and happy looking pictures!
We spent our whole day Saturday working and cleaning the house and the garage, and doing yard work. And we listened to the kids tell us at least a thousand times, how 'that's all we ever do...work'!
All of that hard work on Saturday, meant that on Sunday, I was really very tired. So while I slept for a large portion of the day, Derrick played a game of RISK with the kids (go Derrick!).
On Monday, Skyler and I got up at 6am to deliver flags throughout the neighborhood for Young Womens and Young Mens. Of course, the 6am wakeup time, completely wiped me out for the remainder of the day. I spent a large portion of Monday sleeping again, while Derrick played another round of RISK with the kids. On the plus side, the boys went to see Indiana Jones (also with Derrick), while Myah and I stayed home and watched Cinderella.
Boy, I think I deserve some sort of 'mother of the year' award or something!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nah- Saturday we went to the movies, had dinner out, then had a bbq with my mom and sisters, and then cleaned the house on Monday. We totally loved our weekend and would do it again. Our kids had a blast at the movies, and whined about cleaning the house. Seems normal to me. I bet there are more of us non- get away goers.

Huffstuff said...

Sometimes it's okay to stay home. I usually need another vacation after a vacation. And nothing around here is done.

Nicky said...

I think we've got you topped. At least your kids got to play Risk and go to the movie! Ours had house work & yard work on Saturday, then we piled them all in the car on Monday to go do more yard work at a house in Syracuse while it poured rain! The plus side?...hmmm...we did eat out Monday afternoon - that's always a treat :) So tell your kids not to feel picked on.

The Pili Aiga said...

Whatever...lol...you know we only went someplace because sports got cancelled. Monday full on entailed cleaning...no games included :)

Jen Merrill said...

i say, as long as youre together and making some memories... whats the difference? really?


ps- hope you are doing well, i am waiting to run into you somewhere but it just never happens. maybe ill have to bring over some sort of baked good for the prego lady. :)

Maria said...

We actually were couch shopping on Memorial Day... not too fun. Our fun came later in the week. More on that to come. :)

BTW you are a cute pregnant lady!