Tuesday, June 3, 2008

...And Then There Were FIVE!

Today is Zac's 10th birthday. Happy Birthday Zac! Year after year, Zac gets ripped off on his birthday. One year, we were making the 12 hour drive home from a job interview in Klammath Falls Oregon, and we stopped at McDonalds and ordered an ice cream sunday and sang happy birthday. The year we moved here, we didn't have our landscaping done yet, so we bought him a tether ball on a string and told him we would have it installed when we landscaped. Three years later...no tether ball. Bummer. Last year, he wanted to go on an overnight backpacking trip with Derrick. We took him out and bought a pack and planned their hike. A year later...no hike! This year, we tried to convince him that he needed to have a birthday party, but he wasn't interested at all. He said he'd rather have a fun day with just our family. That's ok too, right?
So in celebration, we decided to run the kids down to Lagoon for the day. We figured we could grant his birthday wish and have a fun family break all at once. In the end, I opted to skip out, since it would have been a waste of a ticket for me right now (not great at being on my feet for very long). Therefore, we decided to keep the girls at home (although I'm sure Myah would love it), and Zac invited his two cousins to join him in our place. So instead of a family day it turned out to be a 'boys day' at Lagoon!
Derrick always has his hands full with just our 3 boys, but yesterday, he earned a gold star. He had 5 crazy boys at Lagoon all day long! I never even heard him complain either! Way to go my sweet man!

Skyler, Zac, Nathan, Tannon, Brayden
Zac, Brayden, Tannon, Skyler

Tannon, Brayden, Nathan, Zac

6 comments:

Huffstuff said...

What a great way to celebrate turning 10. He is a great kid. He must have had a great day, when he came to get the keys for the church, he was all smiles. Happy Birthday Zac.

Nicky said...

Brayden had the time of his life. He has talked about it constantly. Thank you Derrick for patiently surviving the day!

Victoria said...

What a great idea for a b-day! Good job dad on taking care of all that. I'm with you Kelli, no Lagoon for us right now, although I don't like to go when I'm not expecting. I get bad motion sickness;(

Leslie said...

What a nice husband/dad! That sounds really fun! I love Lagoon... I grew up in Bountiful and we went to Lagoon all the time!

The Pili Aiga said...

I went to Lagoon once when we first joined the church and travelled to see temple square...like 25 years ago :) We have a family reunion at the end of june and are thinking of staying on an extra day to hit Lagoon....I think my kids would love it. Looks like your crew had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am jealous, I love Lagoon!!! It looks like fun.