Friday, June 13, 2008

The Little Red Hen I Am!!!

Today, I was feeling 'homemakerish' (not a real word, I know), so I decided to make homemade whole wheat bread. For the first time EVER, I even pulled out my fancy new wheat grinder (thanks mom & dad), and ground the wheat to make the flour to make the bread! The whole time I was thinking of the little red hen too! Only I am much more blessed than that little red hen, because while I was grinding the wheat, Derrick was at work making money to buy more wheat, Skyler was folding the laundry, Zacary was cleaning the house, Tannon was cleaning his room, and Myah was on a stool next to me adding more wheat to the grinder and keeping me company! And then, to top it all off, while the bread was raising, I went to the park and ran into a great friend who sat patiently and listened to me gripe about my current condition (meaning pregnancy). Thanks Jen! I don't know how that little red hen did it all by herself, but today I'll just count myself blessed!

6 comments:

Jen Merrill said...

i will listen to you gripe any ole' day. it was good to see you an the kids. i like the way we dont see each other forever and then we just seem to pick up right where we left off. we really should get the girls together more often though. lilly is just starting to really understand how much more fun things are when she is with a 'friend'.

Nicky said...

I use the story of the little red hen all the time at my house. However, it's usually in the opposite way. I am always saying to them, "I feel like the little red hen, when everyone around me is saying, 'not I'!" Of course, knowing your baking abilities, the bread turned out fabulous, I'm sure!

Huffstuff said...

okay, So how did it turn out. I need to learn to make bread myself. Esp since I bought all that wheat. I call for a tip to two.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

The bread was actually a flop, since I got a little carried away at the park visiting! It rose too much, and then went flat. But any bread is good when it's hot!

Unknown said...

well now thats a bummer about the bread. :( but yes- hot is good!

Maria said...

So how did your bread turn out? Since we got married, I have been the bread winner and Jordan the bread maker. Now that he is the bread winner, not too sure who the bread maker is... he does such a good job!