Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Down at Downata

We spent last weekend with Derrick's family at Downata HotSprings (what a dumb name!). It was really cold, so we were grateful to have a warm house to sleep in. Grandma had a hard time staying warm, but Kira and Myah took good care of her. Thankfully, they keep their pool pretty warm too. It was great to kick off summer with something fun. I think the kids got enough swimming in to last them a while too. I know they certainly swallowed enough water to last the summer! (Eeww, yuck)
Poor Tannon got pretty sick while we were there, but
doesn't somebody always get sick??? He had a high fever and was throwing up for a couple of days. He's still not quite on top of things. Just one more reason to be thankful we were in a house rather than a tent.
Besides swimming, most of the family played horseshoes too. It's definitely not my game, but they had a fun time. The competition was stiff, but I think Derrick was just happy to see Dave beat his mom!
All in all, it was a fun weekend. My kids don't really get to spend a lot of time with their cousins (we all live just a little too far away from eachother to have it be an easy visit) but we'll take what we can get. So now we're home again, and I'm still trying to recover. These things wear me out!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Now that looks like a fun weekend. I agree, weird name! I've always wanted to go there. Did you rent a house in Downey or at the camping place?

jennaloha said...

as long as Tannon wasn't sick with the crypto...is that what it was called, that weird bug in all the Utah pools last summer. Now THAT really makes you want to jump in and swim.

Nicky said...

Poor Tannon. Being the germ-phobia maniac I am, I read that and thought, "Oh no...now we're all going to get sick just cuz I read it, and it will somehow find it's way through the computer to me!" Yep...you still have to have me as a sister, even with that freakish phobia of mine! ;) I thought about you swimming as we have been freezing. Hope it wasn't too much of a bummer.

Unknown said...

These are cute too! I have a bunch more I will have to show you sometime.

Anonymous said...

Wow Myah looks so old, her hair is all long!