Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

A little belated, but nonetheless, Happy Father's day to all of the really great men in my life! When I was in high school and college, I always used to say that if I could marry someone even half as great as my dad, then I would be very very happy! Derrick more than exceeded my expectations, and my kids are really lucky to have such an awesome dad! So thanks to my dad who helped me set the bar so high. Thanks to my father in law who really taught Derrick to love and respect women in general, and of course, a huge thanks to my sweetheart, Derrick (aka 'superdad'). I love you all!!!

My dad

I don't really have any pictures of Derrick's dad, but this is still a fun picture. He's pushing Derrick in the swings, and it looks like fun!

My sweet guy!

2 comments:

jennaloha said...

that middle picture reminds me of that "life comes at you fast commercial" where the dad is pushing his little kid and suddenly the kid's a grown-up and knocks his dad over on the down-swing.

Nice reenactment.

Nicky said...

You beat me to the punch! I wanted (and still will) use that same picture of dad. It's a great one (thanks for sending it to me). I love the picture of derrick & his dad, that is one you could use in all sorts of lifes lessons.