Friday, February 27, 2009

Is That How It Works?

Last night the weirdest thing happened. I woke up at 3 am and heard Desmond talking in his crib. First of all, he is my first child EVER to actually sleep in his crib! He loves it, and even takes naps in it. But this is the really weird part...I went into his room, and didn't say a word, but picked up his binky and put it in his mouth, AND LEFT! I have always always always in the past, picked up my babies, taken them to bed with me to feed them, where they spend the rest of the night. So after I left, I stopped in the hallway, waiting for him to start crying or something, but he DIDN'T! I paused again just outside my bedroom door, but heard nothing. Once I was in bed, I started freaking out that perhaps I just couldn't hear him, so I went to check again. He was asleep. And he stayed asleep until about 7:30 this morning. Why has it taken me 5 children to learn this!? I guess that some of us are just slow learners.

7 comments:

Huffstuff said...

It must have something to do with the last baby. Sound like nights I had with Maysa, only one to sleep in crib, would go back to sleep with just a binki. Still a great sleeper too. It is such an awesome reward, helped me feel like I was doing something right for once. (like a little silent, "thanks mom your the best," from them.)

farmgirl said...

Are you hearing the hallelujah choir singing? Cuz I think I am. :o)
Congrats on a decent nights sleep!!

Unknown said...

I am afraid none of that computed. Its a foreign language I will never understand.

bobbi said...

This is CRAZY-- Reagan has been the SAME way! Must be #5 and yes, HALLELUJAH!! Good thing you aren't the only slow learner, huh?!:)

Nicky said...

Kelli...Kelli...Kelli! I remember doing the same thing, checking and rechecking, with my SECOND child (since I learned my lesson with the FIRST). Yes, some of us (you) are slow learners! (I can tease you since we're sisters, right?!) :)

Maria said...

McKay was so easy... he was sleeping 8 hours when he was 2 months old. I have a feeling I won't be so lucky forever! Glad Des is a good sleeper for you. Sleep is a MARVELOUS thing!

tysonandmandimoser said...

I am happy for you!! Happy and VERY JEALOUS! Parker still sleeps with us and he's turning 3 next month. Maybe next time. But I do have to say how much I love when he rolls over and cuddles and kisses my face in the middle of the night. Are you sure you don't want Des in your bed? JK-I really am totally jealous-Parker is out as soon as I can figure out how to actually do it.