Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Check, Check, Check

Mom's are busy people (as if y'all didn't already know that!). I'm not claiming to be any busier than anyone else. Sometimes it's just comical to think about how much we try to cram into a day! So here's my day in a nut shell.

  • Get the kids out the door....CHECK.
  • Eat a healthy breakfast....CHECK.
  • Breakfast cleanup...CHECK.
  • Babysit for a friend...CHECK.
  • Send Myah to preschool...CHECK.
  • Laundry...CHECK (some of it, at least)
  • Desmond down for nap...CHECK.
  • Retrieve Myah from preschool...CHECK.
  • Killer Workout...CHECK. (Now I'm too tired to stand up straight.)
  • Lunch...I like making lunch. Myah likes 'healthy food' so we quite often just have veggies.
  • Shower....probably ought to, due to the killer workout.
  • Family prayer and scripture study...hopefully.
  • Put makeup on...maybe....maybe not.
  • Clean house....only the minimum.
  • Play taxi driver after school...not optional.
  • Fix dinner...it's overrated anyways.
  • Biggest Loser....absolutely!
  • American Idol...maybe.
  • Read...yep, every day. Trying to read scriptures. Loving reading 'Dracula'.
  • Make my bed...ya, of course. Can't stand to get into an un-made bed, but I'll probably make it right before I crawl into it!

Did I mention that we're trying to get the house ready to sell (just in case), which means painting, scrubbing, dejunking, fixing, organizing, etc. etc. As if I'm EVER going to get around to those things! Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

8 comments:

bobbi said...

"Oh well, maybe tomorrow"-- AMEN, sister!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOL- if I dont get to my bed I hurry and make it before I get in too. Drives me bonkers if I don't!

Leslie said...

So true Kelli! It is crazy! So you guys might be moving? Where?

farmgirl said...

I feel ya dawg. Mothers across the country are living parallel lives. Nice to know we are not alone.

jennaloha said...

Your forgot a few things all moms do:

Surf family's blogs. Check.
Surf friend's blogs. Check.
Get on Facebook. Check.
Look for a few more Facebook friends. Check.
Make a post. Check.
Look at a few more blogs. CHeck.
Peek at Facebook again, see if anything else has changed. Check.
Think: there must be something else I want to see on the internet.
Check some random sites referenced from a friend's blog. Check.
Get sidetracked on Youtube. Check.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Jenna...you are SO wrong. I never get onto youtube. I mean, what a waste of time. The rest though...pretty right on.

Huffstuff said...

loved every word of it except the getting ready to sell part. Sorry you can't. I am praying to hard that you wont have to.

Victoria said...

I loved your post! You're so creative. So, whats this with the selling thing?? At least we'll have fb and blogs to keep in touch, right?