Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Other than Skyler's birthday post this morning, I haven't posted for a while. I've been a very busy girl! So here's what's happened since my last post...

*We put up the Christmas tree, and yes, I re-decorated it when the kids went to school. I just can't help myself.
*We went to my mom's house for Thanksgiving. We probably overstayed our welcome, but it was just so nice to get away for a couple of days.

*I went and saw Twilight with Mandi and Nicky. It's always nice to get out for a while!

*I think I consumed at least 2 pounds of turkey, and a whole pie when you count all the leftovers. It was yummy. Really yummy.

*I was given a little extra church calling. I was just working in the library. Now I get to do the ward bulletin and the ward web site too. I guess if they're going to kick me out of Young Women's, they better make it something good.

*I conquered the declined sit ups. Still not loving them, but they don't bring tears to my eyes anymore! Just as a side note...people who prefer c-sections are NUTS! But that's just my humble opinion.

*I conceded the battle, and let Derrick off the hook with Christmas lights this year. He hates putting them on the house, so this year I gave in and he just put a few on the trees outside. That's ok. Easier clean-up.

*I've felt the need to document and photograph every single second of Desmond's life. Isn't there a movie about that? I think it's called the Truman Story with Jim Carey. It's not such a bad idea, really. Des is just growing up so fast. I think he's doubled in size now and it's going by much too fast. I don't want to forget any of it!
*I've done at least 30 batches of laundry. Seriously.

*I've done almost all of my Christmas shopping...mostly on line. It's like getting Christmas twice. It's so exciting to find packages at my door. I get to open them up and now I'll get to wrap them for the kids.

*I've visited Costco at least a half dozen times. It's my other favorite place to Christmas shop. Entertainment is somewhat limited in Pocatello.

*I took the kids (nieces and nephews included) on a hike up 'Little Mountain'. Derrick was gone 4-wheeling up to Oxford peak, and I felt the need to get out and move a little, after the whole 2 pounds of Turkey and everything! Anyways, there's a pretty cool cave, and we found a skull on the mountain. We weren't sure what it belonged to, but since I came home and looked up pictures on google, I've decided it was a very BIG rat. Nice, hu?
*I kept Zac home from school to help me get things done. I think I deserve a 'mother of the year' award. Ok, maybe not...but I could at least write a book on great parenting, right?

*We painted 2 bedrooms. And we almost did it without any major problems. That is, until I was just finishing cleaning up, and Myah tripped over a full bucket of paint...spilling it ALL on the carpet. I couldn't get too mad, since the last time I painted I did the same thing.

*I've watched Kung-Fu Panda a dozen times with Myah. It makes me laugh every time. Last night though...'Shrek the Halls' moved up to the top of her list. I prefer the panda.
*I thought about cleaning the storage room. I even took a picture so that when I was done, I could post a 'before and after' picture. I never got around to the 'after' picture, since it still looks exactly the same. It's the thought that counts, right?

So that's about it! I'm all caught up! And it's only 8:30!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow look at you!!!

tysonandmandimoser said...

I am waiting for the comeback and it better be good. Myah is so photogenic (is that how you spell it?) I had a great time at Twilight-we need more girl's night outs!!! You are overly ambitious. Painting in December? What are you on? Can I get some?

farmgirl said...

How much do I love that you were hiking on Little Mountain? I love that we are both country gals at heart! Could the weather have been any better on Thanksgiving? It was fabulous.

Nicky said...

Love the catch-up. So the verdict was a rat hu? Lovely! I should have hiked with you, my 2 lbs of turkey and 2 pies are still sitting there, (on my hips, butt, tummy et.) I agree with Mandi - what are you on to be exercising AND painting in December? I can barely get myself out of bed! Waiting for a picture of the finished room.

Maria said...

Wow a WHOLE gallon of paint! What a mess! I can't believe how much Des is growing up. If you blink you miss something. Is that 'Desmonds Daily Scoop' - capturing him growing up?
Can I just say I love that you posted the picture of the storage room even though you didn't clean it. Too funny.

Victoria said...

That was a good catch up. I had been waiting for an update on my blog roll and it wasn't happening cuz you went private.

So, I hadn't checked yours in a while either. You've definately been busy. Yikes on the painted carpet... did it clean up at all? Good job on all you did. You made me tired just reading it.

Des is absolutely adorable. Don't they change so fast, too fast? Sorry for the long comment.