Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Friend, Glenn.

Tonight, I actually freshened up my makeup (and even put on some lip gloss) for a little trip down to the mall. We've been waiting for this night for at least a month. After all, it's not every night that my friend Glenn comes to town. I'm referring to Glenn Beck. He was visiting the local Deseret Book to sign his new book, 'The Christmas Sweater'. I guess I figured that living here in Pocatello, there might not be a lot of people who would show up to see him. I thought he might feel bad. So I wanted to make sure he felt welcome in Poky. (Besides, Jenna, I really wanted to get you a copy of his book and have him write a note to Raef inside.) When we got there, the mall seemed pretty empty, and I was really starting to worry...Until we turned the corner, and found that the line to see my friend Glenn, went all the way through and out of the entire mall. No, we don't exactly have a large mall...but still...the line must have been several blocks long. CRAZY!!! So, no, I didn't get to meet Glenn, shake his hand, or even SEE him...since the entrance to Deseret Book was blocked with security. But at least he felt welcome.

ps....I know Glenn isn't really my friend. I mean, I'm not dillusional...well, not really!

7 comments:

jennaloha said...

Never underestimate the popularity of famous Mormons in Mormon towns. I would love to meet Glenn Beck too and swap Rafe stories. Maybe we'd have more of a chance meeting him in Phoenix since all the Mormons here are so preoccupied with Stephenie Meyer.

Unknown said...

I love Glenn- I have wanted his new Book for a while- but you know- so many other things are important! I really want to go to his Christmas Show in SLC but that is not going to happen either!

farmgirl said...

We listened to his new book on our drive up for Thanksgiving. It was really good- I loved hearing him read it.

Nicky said...

BUMMER! I know how excited you were for this event.

Unknown said...

Oh hey Happy anniversary!

Victoria said...

I'm glad we didn't make it over there if the line was that long. I had considered surprising Marc as he is a big fan of his radio show. Too bad you didn't get to see him!

Hope you're well. I've missed not seeing you or chatting with you recently. If I don't see you soon, then Merry Christmas!!

Jamie said...

We love Glenn, too. We had a big Christmas date to the "Christmas Sweater" live broadcast on the 17th. I t was good, but not as good as "An Unlikely MOrmon" and his TV show, which I REEEEEEALLLY miss (I listen to the pocast of hte radio show while James naps if the girls are at school). Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas! We need to exchange mailing addresses so we can do greetings next year! Ours in 616 N 7th Street/ Livingston, MT/ 59047