Sunday, August 3, 2008

Treading Treading Treading

I'm not a great swimmer, and I'm even worse at treading water. I just don't get it! We went swimming this last week out at Lava Hot Springs, and I learned that pregnant mamas don't float! I got into the deep end, thinking I'd let go of the edge of the pool for just a second, and I sunk like a rock! Just an interesting fact. I'm not sure why this is my fifth pregnancy, and I'm just now learning this law of physics.


Speaking of treading...I feel like for the past couple of weeks, Derrick and I have been treading water just trying to keep our heads above it. We made a list of 'things to do before the baby comes', and we are working our hardest to cross things off the list. The list is getting much much smaller. I can't say I've done much better at this example of treading, than I did in the pool, but thank goodness for husbands! He has had to step up and take on all of his responsibilities, plus most of mine too! And better yet, he never ever complains about it.
One really huge (but not dreaded) item on our list, was preparing for Tannon's baptism yesterday. We knew that we needed to keep it simple, but Tannon is such an awesome kid, and we are so proud of the decision that he made...we just wanted to make sure that he knew exactly what a special day it was for all of us! Skyler even managed to catch a ride home from scout camp a day early to be there for his little bro. It happened to be Tannon's birthday, and since so many extended family members made the effort to come and support him (some travelling really far), he really had a great day. When we all sang happy birthday to him, I was pretty amazed to hear so many people celebrating with us! When you come from families like both of ours, the kids most definitely know that they are loved! Thanks everyone for coming! Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNON!!!
David and Gabrielle (Derrick's brother and sister in law)

Johnny
Tyson and Mandi (my brother and sister and law)
Shawn and Yuri (my brother and sister in law)
Myah and KiraEven Myah helped prepare for the big day! I think we're all worn out!
In tribute to my big 8 year old, I have to post this picture of Tannon probably around age 3. I love this picture since it shows my little Tannon before he shot up and got really skinny. What a cute little chunk!

As for us, we'll keep treading our way through the summer...and hoping we don't sink! They are planning on taking the baby on the 18th of August, and then school starts on the 21st. So in more ways than one, we can see the finish line ahead, and I think we're going to make it!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a cute picture of his chubby little cheeks.Congrats to him!

Huffstuff said...

I'm so glad Tannon had a great day. I don't know what it is about that kid but I always get a lump in my throat when I see him. He is special. As for you and this baby coming, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I know that all will be okay. Please let me help in any way!

Maria said...

Wow, you really can see the end in sight! August is much sooner than September!
Congratulations Tannon! Wish we could have been there.

Vanessa said...

Good luck with the baby! I'm glad we are blogging friends. I've gotten to know you so much more than when you lived in Vegas!

jennaloha said...

That little picture of Tannon is the Tannon I remember. He and Claire were such cute little buddies! He'll always be frozen like that when I think of him, maybe a little older but pretty similar.

Nicky said...

The end is really just the beginning! Then come the sleepless nights. Hang in there, treading isn't so bad when you get used to it! :)

The Pili Aiga said...

Okay, tons to say here :) TEN DAYS!!! Are you so excited to see what he looks like? I can't wait at the end of my pregnancies to just see my baby. Your kids are all so cute... Secondly, about the treading water. Wayland and I went with my brother out on his boat. Everyone was jumping of the boat and swimming around etc. Celine wanted to go in too so I told Wayland I would get in, then he could give me Celine, and then he could get in. Can you say "drowning people". I don't know what we were thinking, but neither of us could tread very well and I almost drowned my daughter and myself. Nice mother I am. And lastly, that picture of Tannon is exactly how I remember him. I cannot believe he got baptized. WOW!!! You have an awesome family :)

The Pili Aiga said...

by the way....have you thought of a name yet?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! Congradulations Tannon, I wish we could have been there. I love that toddler picture he was a little chunk but so dang cute.
Kelli- I hear the baby is coming very soon...goodluck I will be thinking of you!!!