Thursday, July 24, 2008

PROOF!

I want to make record of the fact that in the summer of 2008, the Swaner family actually DID do something sort of fun. We left the house for an entire day and it was a good thing. It has been a rough summer with a sick and tired mom and a house full of extremely bored kids, but it will get better soon, right?
We spent the day at Bear Lake and we really enjoyed ourselves. Of course, I took it pretty easy while Derrick played with the kids. It rained a little, and was a bit cool, but I'm not complaining! That just made it much less crowded. And to make things even better, we had a surprise visitor...my ankles! I haven't seen my ankles in weeks, but after a couple of hours of sitting and soaking my feet in the cool water, they decided to join us for the afternoon! I think that was the best part! Of course, the two hour drive home ended that.
Here's the evidence to prove (especially to my kids some day) that we actually did leave the house (at least once) this summer!

'Daddy time' at the beach ALWAYS means SANDCASTLES (or sculptures)

Tannon's sand fortress
Zac's sand alligator

Skyler's sand pyramid with a Chihuahua (how on earth do you spell that anyways) on top.

Myah's daddy time.
Skyler

Zac
Tannon
Myah

Hopefully the last pregnancy picture to be taken of me...EVER!!! (great farmer's tan!)




7 comments:

Maria said...

What a fun day! And how nice to have the place to yourself. You got some great pictures. Now maybe Skyler has something to blog about... :)

Huffstuff said...

yeah a great day at Bear Lake. Looks like you had a lot of fun! And you look great, farmer tan and all. Sorry about the ankles, oh I remember those days.

Victoria said...

You are the best mom! I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day and it wasn't too hot. The pictures are great. Cute kids. So, you used the word hopefully in reference to not being pregnant again.
Hmmm...did you mean 'definately'! lol

The Pili Aiga said...

Ah...you look so cute :) The ankle comment had me laughing out loud! You will love having five kids...seriously! It is so much fun. I really would have loved more, but no others came. It's so much fun. I'm jealous you'll have that adorable squishy newborn stage. Idaho looks so pretty....way too hot here recently. We've been painting all week because I'm going through my last minute panic that once I go back to work I won't be able to get anything done...lol. Looks like you guys had a great time :)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

My comment to Victoria's comment above...by 'hopefully' my last picture being pregnant, I meant that hopefully I won't have to stand in front of a camera again before this is over...not that 'hopefully' I won't be pregnant again. I'm not just hopeful on that one!

Leslie said...

I love Bear Lake! We have been there several times and it is AWESOME! Glad you had a fun getaway! You are seriously a cute pregnant woman! Keep on truckin' not much longer eh?

jennaloha said...

Fun pictures. The lake looked COLD! How refreshing.