Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Favorite Word

Today I realized that I have a favorite word. I just finished making salad and breadsticks for dinner and realized that I couldn't load the dishwasher because it was full of clean dishes. I really hate unloading the dishwasher. So I said, 'Zacary, could you please unload the dishwasher for me?'. I was ready to defend my request by explaining that it was his turn, and that I was tired and needed to sit down. But before I could go into all of that he responded. I had to ask him to repeat what he'd said. I wasn't sure if I had heard right. After I made my request, his answer was 'SURE'. There was no argument and not even a huff or a sigh. Just a 'sure', plain and simple. I loved it!!! This isn't really unusual for Zac, but sometimes I just have a moment of appreciation! It totally made my day! Thanks Zac!

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, I love that word too! My kids see to say it more to me than they used to now that I'm in this current condition. I think they feel sorry for me:)

Unknown said...

Are you sure that word is in the English dictionary? I am not sure if I h ave heard it before. What does it mean?

Nicky said...

Great post! I suppose that if I want my kids to learn that word, I first must say it to them once in awhile ey?!

Maria said...

That is awesome! Way to go Zac!

Tonya said...

I love seeing pix of your famiy. I miss you guys a ton. We had a baby shower for Joanne last night at claim jumper with Becky, Leslie, Jamie, Kari, etc and it was fun but we missed ya. I want our old ward back. I feel out of the loop with those cheyenne ridge ladies because I am a grand canyon lady now. Well I'm excited to keep up with ya and hope to see ya some day.

The Pili Aiga said...

I love reading your posts..you're awesome! I would've never thought about the word "sure" that way, but ya know what...it is a really nice word!!!

Anonymous said...

That is sweet he has always been such a good helper!!!

Anonymous said...

That is sweet he has always been such a good helper!!!