Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Fourth!

On the 4th of July, we stayed home and spent the day with family. Some of my extended family came and played for most of the day and others came up for a barbecue and fireworks. During the day, we pulled out the water toys for the kids and us hot pregnant mamas sat lazily and watched.


Hot pregnant mama number one...Nicky. I promised her I wouldn't post this picture. But all in the name of keeping a journal, I just had to! Sorry Nicky!

But I am also posting this most unflattering picture of myself...hot pregnant mama number two! (By hot, I mean hot...like uncomfortably warm)

Myah

Tannon, Myah, Jarin, and Emilie

While Jarin, Emilie, and Tannon posed for this cute picture...
...Myah was busy giving me attitude.


Jarin


Myah and Jarin


After our day of fun in the sun, we started the barbecue. We happen to live just up the street from the fireworks show here in town, and we get a great show from our back yard deck. Derrick barbecued for us and even made homemade rootbeer. The rest of the family brought most everything else, so I took it pretty easy this year. The kids had a great time. They look so forward to these kinds of events. Thanks for coming up everyone!

The barbecue man

The big cousins...

...and the little cousins

Brayden, Nathan, and Zacary

7 comments:

Victoria said...

You're so lucky to have family come to you! Looks like a nice time and you're still not even big so quit saying that. How fun your sister is expecting too. Thanks for the TJ Maxx tip. I'm going to check it out.

Maria said...

What a fun party! I don't think Nicky should be too upset with you since you posted the picture of yourself too! And you both look so cute! :)

Huffstuff said...

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 4th than with family. We keep trying to get some of ours up here. And you are not big. You both look beautiful.

The Pili Aiga said...

Looks like you had a great time :) I love getting together with family. That look Myah was giving you is seen several times a day in our home from Celine. Definitely a girl thing.

Leslie said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love the 4th of July! Mainly because of how it brings family together. THose are great memories for the kids to be with their cousins! It looks like you had a great time and you are looking soooo cute pregnant!!! Seriously. You are a cutie!

Nicky said...

I can't get mad since I put that picture on my blog too (and a picture of you). What comes around goes around :) THANKS for the fun party!

jennaloha said...

I miss your homemade root beer.

I don't miss being pregnant.