Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tannon's Day

We have been trying to let each of our kids have a skip school day with Derrick this year. This week Derrick had a day off of work, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather and let Tannon have his special day. First, we let him sleep in since it's always a battle to get Tannon out of bed in time for school. He really likes his sleep.

Once awake, Tannon chose to spend his day outdoors with Derrick, and he even let Myah and I tag along. We loaded the bicycles into the pickup and headed to the nature park for some trail riding. Next, we grabbed some sandwiches and spent some time at our favorite park in Pocatello. There's a little something for everyone at Ross park. Myah loves the playground and the swings, and Tannon and Derrick like to play hide and seek in the cliffs and rocks.

After our playday with Tannon, I ended the day with a little yard work. I'm sure thankful to spend a little fun time with our kids. Tannon is such a sweet boy, and has so many great qualities. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such great kids!

It was such a beautiful, warm, happy day...and I think I'll be Ok when the temp drops back down to 40 degrees tomorrow. At least I think I can handle it for another day or two!

7 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Kelli, this sounds like such a fun day. You have great kids because you are great parents. Yes, I think we can handle one day of cold, but it better warm up quick.

Victoria said...

What a great idea! Now, did you say you were bike riding?? You go girl!! And I do agree, knowing Tannon from the primary class we first taught 2 years ago, he was definatly our favorite. What a sweet kid.

Hammond Family said...

What fun parents you and Derrick are, sounds like alot of fun!! It's always fun for our boys to be able to spend time with daddy too! Looks like the weather there is getting better too. Same here, I'm able to go work in the yard again and I'm lovin' it.

~~~The Brayden happenings!~~~ said...

that sounds fun I going to start doing that kind of stuff every day hopfuly.

jennaloha said...

40 degrees! Wow, that's too cold. You should have moved to AZ instead, but you would be hard pressed to find parks with cliffs and rocks here. HA! I just realized what I said: the Grand Canyon National Park is in AZ so I guess there are parks with cliffs and rocks :)

Nicky said...

I see Brayden read your blog before I did - now you've planted a seed in his brain - NOT GOOD! I like school days :)
Looks like a fun day - until the snow came again. (will this cold ever end?)

Maria said...

What a fun day! You definitely have to take advantage of the nice weather since we get it so sporadically this spring.