Thursday, April 17, 2008

Do You See What I See?

Sometimes when I stand in line at the grocery store, I get such a laugh out of those magazine covers that show the Virgin Mary in the clouds or the face of the devil in smoke. Do people really buy into this? I think the power of suggestion is an amazing thing. Someone can tell me what I am seeing, and before I know it...the Virgin Mary really is there!



So that's what I was thinking while getting an ultrasound last week (while I wasn't busy thinking that Derrick was in soooo much trouble for telling me it was a girl). Sometimes I wonder if the ultrasound techs really see what they say they see, or if they are just keeping us entertained with their occasional comments of...'oh, see his cute little face', or 'there's the hands, and he's sucking his thumb'. Really?! The ultrasound tech could have told me that the baby had 12 arms and four eyes, and I probably would have believed her...because I just don't get it! I know that these techs are educated, but how on earth can they train their eyes to see what they see? Crazy. Anyways, here are some ultrasound pictures, see for yourself. Can you really see anything at all??? Or is it just the power of suggestion?


5 comments:

Huffstuff said...

I totally know what you mean, but these ultrasound photos are great. He looks like a Swaner to me and the last one with the arrow pointing to that little thing, I have one just like it of Hayden. Thanks for sharing these, there great.

Unknown said...

lol- Yah I guess it looks like a boy- We will have to show him someday the picture of himself you posted for the whole world to see. :P

Maria said...

I know what you mean. Every ultrasound and AFI I had the tech would say how cute McKay was. I figured there must be something to it since they all said it but who knows! We got lucky though. :) Some pictures I could see exactly what I was seeing and others I couldn't and those were usually the ones Jordan could tell but - and he had a hard time with my easy ones... From your ultrasound pictures I would say that you are going to have a very cute little boy. :)

jennaloha said...

the Virgin May looks like the Voldemort's dark mark to me..but I hear ya on uncomprehending the ultrasound shots.

The Pili Aiga said...

You're so funny Kelli...got three of those "boy" ultrasounds myself. We were told Trajan was a girl at first too :) As for the virgin mary, we have neighbors who totally believe all that. kinda funny.