Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oh, Mercy!

This week I was the recipient of a few of those 'tender mercies' that I believe Heavenly Father sends us just at the right moments.

Just as I've been complaining relentlessly about the cold, snowy, miserable weather, this is what happened...

We had the MOST beautiful day the other day! I even took Desmond out on the trampoline for about an hour. We layed in the sun and pretended we were on a warm beach, and soaked in a few rays of sunshine.

Myah played with her friends outside most of the day. Not even a jacket!


Skyler was able to get out and shoot some hoops.

I enjoyed grilling dinner on the barbecue. And I even left the door open for a while. And, I did it all in my bare feet! Yes, it really was that warm.

And just when I think that I'm going to spend the rest of my life sitting in the bleachers or on the sidelines as a sports spectator (which I LOVE, and I wouldn't mind at all), I get to do this for a change...


Myah had her dance recital this week. She was so great! We even made all of the boys go and sit through her dance recital....all 2 hours of it! Maybe I'll post her video later. It was cute, and she was sooooo excited!

And now we're buried under snow and ice again, and yesterday was packed full of ballgames again, but that's ok. Yay for those 'tender mercies'!

7 comments:

Ruth Swaner said...

Hey, How come you didn't send that sunny weather down to our house. We have smog, not fog, yes SMOG...we even have a red alert for all unhealthy people to stay indoors. I don't know if that means me or not...I feel healthy....anyway I NEED THE SUN! NOW!!

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

We have had a couple days of rain and even that was a welcome change to me. But---it's snowing again now. Oh Well

farmgirl said...

WHAT?!?!?? Is that actual sun shine? Congrats my cold weather friend! It doesn't matter where you live--the first few days of really beautiful weather is too fabulous for words. I love airing out the house and soaking up the rays playing outside.

Huffstuff said...

Oh just thank me for the nice weather, I was thinking of home and sending the Maui sun right to Pocatello. I wish it was that easy to do. So glad the sun was shining here. Congrats to Myah oh she is such a doll and yes anouther season of basketball. UGH! but we love it!

Ratchfords said...

Lucky!

Victoria said...

Oh cute! Myah looks so grown up. How nice for all her brothers to sit through a 2 hour dance recital. Good job!

Wasn't the weather lovely? Now its cold and snowy, but I don't mind that because when it snows we can go skiing. However, I haven't done much of that since our new addition. I really need to get her onto a bottle so I can go ski a few times.

Sounds like you guys are doing well. I miss talking to you (everyday) like we did when we were miserably pregnant;)

Nicky said...

What??? We are still buried under at least a foot of snow, and FREEZING!