Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Times

We had a really great Christmas this year. Although, we did so many fun things prior to Christmas, that by the time Christmas day rolled around, we were pretty tired. One of my favorite post-Christmas activities was the day that we went to Tyson and Mandi's house to go sledding. It was great fun. Derrick had to work, so I was on my own for this one. But Desmond was awesome, and slept in the truck the whole time. It wasn't really very cold that day either. And Mandi treated us to some oh so yummy soup with scones and cookies afterwards. So here are just a few of my favorite pictures...

Myah and I
Jordan didn't quite realize how deep the snow was!

So he opted to sled with McKay on the road. It had a strip of snow just wide enough for a sled. The rest was mud.


Nathan and Brayden sledding down, but I love Zac in the background trying to push Parker and the tube back up the hill. I think he knew that if he looked pathetic enough, Tyson might just come pick him on the snowmobile!


Myah and Truman are great little pals.


I'm not sure who all is in this tangle of bodies. But I do know that there were no injuries.


Tannon
Tannon and Emilie and me

Nathan, Zac, and Brayden
SkylerZac and Mandi
This is my favorite picture....let me explain. Tannon got his pants stuck on the barbed wire fence, and Skyler was headed over to help him. Along the way, he lost his boots in the deep snow, so he was attempting to lift Tannon off of the fence in his bare feet! What a great big brother!

Kamden, Desmond, and Ryan were all VERY cooperative.
It's amazing how some of our most precious memories come from the most simple and inexpensive activities together!

7 comments:

Huffstuff said...

That looks like so much fun and I do have to agree with you on the inexpensive activities are always the best. I keep questioning our Cali trip. It was expensive and its really was not the best. LOL.

Maria said...

So true. The simplest things make the best memories. I think even McKay had a blast running after the olderer kids and yelling at the top of his lungs... Tyson & Mandi's place was big enough he could chase them and not get run over!

Maria said...

I meant older...:)

farmgirl said...

You are so right, most of the funnest things we do are so simple. Living in St. George has turned me into a total whimp about the cold but I still LOVE to go sledding- it looks like you guys had a great time.

Victoria said...

Looks like a great time. Those pictures were great. And those babies, all 3 together, SOOO cute!

Yep, they are growing up way to fast. It really makes a difference when you know it's your last. I just want everything to go much slower but alas.... they keep growing.

Are you thinking of printing out your blog yet? I started mine last January so I think I' might print one each year. I guess I'll have to start looking into that.

Sorry for the long comment. I really should just email you!

Unknown said...

Do you know what that picture at the end reminds me of? Try to guess!

Nicky said...

Do you still think I have issues of taking so many pictures? If I didn't take so many, then you wouldn't have the ones that are so great! So THERE!
p.s. When you and Victoria figure out how to print blog books - let me know too please. ;)