Friday, April 3, 2009

Wii Ski

Why do I love skiing so much? I mean, I don't really love the snow (other than for one week before Christmas and one week after). I hate being cold. And it's totally expensive (although we've found ways around that....you just have to learn to 'cheap' the system). But I LOVE it. It feels so good to get out and do something active. To get some fresh air and even some sunshine. And I love spending time with the kids and it makes me proud when they conquer something that can be a bit scary at first! But most of all...I love to get them out of the house, away from the wii (and other sources of electronic entertainment), and doing something. It sure makes me excited for summer, when I traditionally hide away most of the in-house entertainment for a couple of months.

Anyways, we had a fun ski day out at Pomerelle last Saturday. Having the Crawfords come up and join us for the day made it even better. And, of course, with Nicky along, I have PLENTY of pictures to post!

Brayden, Zacary, Skyler
Myah (aren't her little pink skis so cute?)

Myah and I

They had this funky little tunnel, and the kiddos thought it was so much fun to ski through it
Myah and I
Derrick and Ira stayed at the lodge and watched the babies for most of the day. They even grilled us some burgers for lunch. They were able to sneak away and check out City of Rocks for a while. They ran out of gas on their way back up the mountain, and Derrick hitched a ride with some girls (who told him that they would kill him if he even tried to touch them). The boys all gave the van a big push, and then it coasted all the way down the mountain and right into a gas station. Lucky day.

Ira and Kam

Myah and Emilie
Skyler

Nicky and I
Tannon and EmThe Crawford Crew
NickyAnd, of course, we had to end our day with the traditional stop at El Herracero's for some tacos.

This may be the last ski trip of the year. So we may be turning in our ski poles for wii controls to get us through until the weather is nice outside...and then we'll be turning in the wii controls for hiking boots!

4 comments:

Nicky said...

Are you bragging or complaining that you have a sister that takes so many pictures??! I'll take it that your bragging. So...your welcome!! :)
I love your title and comparisons to the wii.
Thanks for the fun. As much as skiing isn't my favorite thing...I think I could love it for the same reasons you said...IF ONLY I could get over my fear.

Unknown said...

For being outside in the cold, and with the possibility of getting wet and colder- that looks like a fun fun day!

I do love the little pink skis too!

farmgirl said...

It looks like so much fun!! And, hello, isn't life always more fun with cousins around? Not to mention sisters? We took a trip a couple of years ago with Molly and her family and it was a blast!! I love the pink skis, what a cutie!

Victoria said...

Looks like you had a great time...
AND you're so lucky to have a hubby who will sit in the lodge so you can ski.

I LOVE checking your blog to see whats going on in Pocatello. Miss you guys!