Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This IS Our Final Answer....we think

The decision has been made.
The verdict is in.
This IS our final answer.
It looks like the Swaner family will be staying in Pocatello for a while. We couldn't be more thrilled. Although we LOVED St. George, and could have possibly tolerated Reno (maybe), we're sure happy about staying put! I never thought I'd say that about Poky, but we just feel so at home here. We have good friends, the kids love their sports, we love our house and our yard, we have great neighbors and an awesome ward, and it's so nice to live a bit closer to family.

So while we know that this still may not be permanent, and there are more 'definite' options out there, we're willing (and so completely thankful that we have the option) to just go with it for a while! We have been praying for a long time that this would be the case.

All of this 'not knowing' has had its benefits though. We got almost the whole house painted (need to finish my bedroom and the upstairs bathrooms). It's always a good way to get some of those projects done. Maybe we'll have to look at moving again next year!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Thats great news! I hope I never have to move again. It is SO much work.

Plus...I'm counting on your blog to keep me updated on the happenings in Pocatello so I'm glad you're sticking around. It is a nice place to live and you do have great neighbors!

Maria said...

Sure would have liked to be neighbors had you picked Reno, but it sounds like it worked out for the best. It usually does one way or another. Congratulations! - Jordan

farmgirl said...

Congrats on a decision, it always feels so good to just KNOW what your plans are, ya know?
Don't worry, St. George will still be here next year.... ;o)

Nicky said...

YEAH!! Maybe we will have to make an effort to take that L-O-N-G trip to Poky more often, and not take it for grantid that you live fairly close.

Leslie said...

YEA for you!!! Pocatello is great! I love it there. That's where my Dad was raised and my Mom in Rexburg. I would trade ya any day of the week! :) I am glad you get to stick around!

Mark and Adrian said...

Yeah for you!! I'm excited for your family. We just found out today we are going to Helena Montana. We are pretty excited. IT's as close to hojme as we are going to get for awhile.

jennaloha said...

Oh man, I wanted you here!