Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday Morning Surprise

Ya, so our kids have been sick for about a month now. Miracle of all miracles though....Tannon is as healthy as can be. How'd that happen?

Yesterday, I woke up to a little surprise from Des. I'm still not sure how I've managed to have 5 kids without recognizing what I was seeing, but I panicked just a little. Derrick wasn't around, so I called our neighbor/dermatologist to come have a look. He came right away, to tell me that it was just a few hives. 'JUST a few hives?' First of all, shouldn't I know what hives look like by now? Zac did have them a while back, but I didn't examine him very closely. And second of all, WHY? My first thought was that it must be the formula that he recently started on. But the friendly doc calmly explained that babies sometimes just get hives as a reaction to a virus that they have. And ya, 'virus' is a common word around here lately. So it's no big deal. They come and then after a couple of hours, they're gone. And then they come back in all new places. The bad news, it can last for up to 6 weeks. And I really don't think it's very comfy for Des. The good news, though, is that he's not really old enough to know how to scratch them, so he's not able to make matters worse for himself. And, of all the things he could have, we'll take hives!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Poor kid! That just looks painful. Don't you just wish you could take things like that for them so they would not have to go through it? Sounds like you guys have really gone through it the last month or so. - Jordan

Maria said...

Oh, poor baby. That is no fun at all. I am glad to see a picture of him though, even if it is of his hives!

Unknown said...

awwwww. That was sad to see- I know he will be fine- but its still sad. Give him a kiss for me.

Nicky said...

All of my thoughts as I was reading your post that I would leave on this comment were all taken up by the comments ahead of me. So I'll just say...ditto!

Nicky said...

Oh, I forgot one...Poor mama as well, cuz even though the doc says they are nothing to worry about, we moms still worry till the problems gone.

Mark and Adrian said...

Good luck with this cute baby. I hope he gets feeling better soon. That is no fun. Remember to take care of you so you can take care of him.

tysonandmandimoser said...

I am so sorry that you all are so sick. Hopefully it will warm up and you can all get feeling better.