Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Little Piece of Sunshine Goes a LONG Ways!

A couple of weeks ago (ya, a little behind on the blogging thing), we left our world of snow and freezing cold temperatures for a just a couple of days in sunny St. George. It was a great time, and the warmth and sunshine did wonders. We spent time exploring, shopping, swimming and hiking. On the way home, we detoured up to Zions and went for a nice hike up to some beautiful spring waterfalls. I just have one thing to say....Sunshine makes me HAPPY! Very, very happy.


The temple was purdy...I didn't actually get any pictures of the temple, but I got the cute kids in front of the temple. Does that count?


The hotel was great too. Nice rooms, fun swimming. What more could we ask for?
The local redrock hiking was so fun, so close, & so convenient.

And Zions was, as always, totally and unbelievably beautiful. We met a lot of people along the trail that had travelled across the country to enjoy such beauty. We're so lucky to have such amazing nature all around us! Sounds cheesy, I know, but seriously...it was beautiful.

...and nobody was happier than these two. They have already started planning their backpacking trips for this summer. This was just a small taste of the good stuff.

8 comments:

Maria said...

That looks so fun! I wish we would have taken more advantage of living in Utah while we did. It is such a pretty and unique state. All I can do now is not say the same thing about Northern California when the time comes for us to leave here. Glad you took the opportunity to get away and make memories.
-Jordan

Maria said...

Speaking of looking skinny Kelli... ;)

You guys need to find a job here, just for a few years. You'd LOVE it! So much to do so so close. Glad you got some sun!

Unknown said...

The sun makes me very very happy too. Very Happy.

Huffstuff said...

Looks like so much fun. I love So. Utah. So much to do and lots of sunshine esp when you need it to get the gloom of winter out of your bones.

farmgirl said...

FUN TRIP!! Yes, I whole heartedly agree that St. George is THE place to live! You are making me realize I need to get out and appreciate it more-this is the perfect time,too-spring break for a WHOLE week+a day. I know your jealous...who wouldn't be?
And--you are looking mighty skinny, I of course am not a member of your losing it club, but whatever your doing it's working cuz you look great, My friend!

Nicky said...

Way cute pictures, way cute skinny butt!! :)

The Trav Gurney Fam said...

Hey that looks like so much fun!!! I hear you with the sun. It does wonders. You look really good!!! What a sweet and cute family you have!

tysonandmandimoser said...

I want to go.