Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lesson Learned...REALLY

So isn't it funny how sometimes we're taught a lesson, and yes, we get it...but then we have to learn it over and over again!? Before Christmas, my sister was really struggling with her pregnancy and morning sickness. I was teasing her because she was walking around like a zombie. So my comment was, "Gee Whiz, you're PREGNANT, not DEAD!!! Suck it up and get on with life." I know, so kind of me, right??? So before I knew it, I was the one with the morning sickness, and boy did it kick my butt this time! Hate to say it, but I think I was walking around like a zombie, and that is only when I could pull myself off of the couch to walk around at all! So yes, I think that I was taught a little lesson in compassion. Yep, lesson learned...isn't that enough? So then, last week, the same sister caught the flu. No, not the stomach flu, but the BIG flu. The one that we should get immunized for, but never do. This time, I was feeling so very sorry for her. The compassion was there, it really was. But apparently I must still need to have that lesson pounded in to my skull, because before I knew it...I've been knocked flat with the flu! I guess we learn through repetition. Right now, while blogging is the first time I've been awake or alert enough to do anything in 4 days. And then there's Zac...teaching me my own lesson. He has cleaned and vacuumed and washed and cooked and cleaned some more. He's a very compassionate person, and for that I am grateful! So that's 3 times I've been taught...is that enough???

3 comments:

Huffstuff said...

So sorry you have been sick with the flu. We have been there and done that too. I can't imagine having the flu and pregnant too. Ugh! Let me know if I can help you.

Leslie said...

Yuck Kelli! I am sorry! That is the pitts! I hope you get well soon!

Nicky said...

unfortunatly your lessons to learn have involved me experiencing them first. Please learn your lessons QUICK where it involves me, so I don't have to be part of it!!! lol.