Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer...Take 1

What a crazy, insane, upside down summer! It seems like we got off to such a late start with Mother Nature, but when she decided to cooperate...we've just been trying to keep up. We know how long and cold winter can be, so we're trying to soak up enough sunshine to pull us through.

It may take a couple of posts to catch up, but eventually, I think I may get there.
We kicked off our summer with a short camping trip up to Stanley Lake. And holy cow, Mom and Dad, how did we never see the Sawtooths in all of our years living in Idaho? They are somethin else, and I love them. A lot. Stanley Lake was fantastic. I think we'll go back next year. And the year after that.
Other than the fact that Myah forgot her bag and had NO clothes, things went rather smoothly. We had to shop the great variety of stores (which consists of a couple small tourist gift shops) in Stanley to find her at least one change of clothes.
Redfish Lake was pretty great too.

We had to stop and check out Mount Borah on the way. We really want to climb it soon. Skyler's hair is almost as big as Mount Borah.
Check out those Sawtooths! Pretty, eh?

Dirty faces are completely acceptable while camping. And they are even pretty cute.



Skyler told us that he would never ask for anything again as long as he lives if we would just let him pour lighter fluid on the wooden sword they made so he could have a burning torch. And I thought he was getting all grown up!

Derrick and Zac are the only completely insane people in our family. They just have to swim out into any and every lake that we come across. That included these FREEZING cold mountain lakes (Alturus Lake and another I can't remember the name of). It was so cold, I couldn't even stand to get out of the car. I came out just long enough to take their picture.



I think that even Derrick thought it was a little chilly!
Redfish Lake wasn't too cold. Tannon and Myah even took the plunge.
And why is this underlining? I haven't a clue.


All in all, it was a great time! Definitely loving the Idaho summer!


4 comments:

Maria said...

Yay!!! You guys ARE alive! I figured you must be playing really hard this summer. What happened Kelli, did school start or something and now you have a little time on the computer? :) Keep it comin'.
That looks like a beautiful place. Idaho has a lot to see and do. Just looking at you guys (crazies) in the freezing water is making me cold!

Maria said...

Maria told me you posted and I had to come see for myself. Do you really expect to have any readers left after being gone for so long?

For the record, I am completely jealous of that vacation. That is the type of get-away I need. One where I don't see anyone the entire time. It looks like you guys had the place to yourself in the pictures. - Jordan

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Jordan and Maria....no school did not start. I happen to be on my 'resting' week before the race on Saturday. So I only ran 2 miles yesterday, and had all kinds of extra time on my hands! I even went grocery shopping!!! The grocer mentioned that I must be throwing a big party or something because I bought so much food. But I told her it was only because I haven't been grocery shopping all summer.

And the Stanley vacation....same time same place next year. Feel free to join us!

tysonandmandimoser said...

Looks like so much fun!! Ya, I've been waiting for you to post too. Keep it comming! I love reading your blog.