Sunday, August 29, 2010

MO Amazing!!!


Yesterday I had a most amazing adventure. A bunch of my family members all signed up (and even showed up) to run the Top of Utah half marathon. It started up Blacksmith Fork Canyon and we ran into Providence....all 13.1 miles of it. It was really fun. My goal was to get around 2 hours (and I came in at 2 hours 17 minutes). I would have liked to have been 5 minutes faster, but it's all good. I had never run more than 10 miles before, so I was definitely nervous about miles 11, 12 and 13.

Thankfully, a sweet friend of mine found me at my lowest point and ran with me for a while. It was just the push I needed. (thanks Janelle!) And it all ended well. We all made it across the finish line, and I think that we all actually want to do it again.

Since we were running as a family, we decided to sport a family shirt. We found these neon green shirts that just couldn't be missed! It was really easy to spot each other! And since we are all from the Moser family, we had our shirts printed with the 'MO' theme. We each picked a word that we felt like would push us, or that described us. And here are the results.

Shawn....MO Alive
Nicky....Mo Determined
Me....Mo Strong
Mandi....Mo Mighty
Robin....Mo Sassy
Brittany...Mo Smokin

This is Mandi and I at the finish line. I want to be as fast as her some day.
This is my sister, Robin. She actually has 5 GRANDCHILDREN. Seriously!
And she kicked butt!
This is Brittany. She was the only other first timer (other than me). And she did great!
Here's Nicky. I think it was just last year that she came to cheer Mandi on at this very race, and dreamed of doing it herself one day. I don't know if she had ever really run at all since high school. And here she is!!!
This is my brother, Shawn. Unless you know him, you'll never understand how much progress he has made in the last year and a half! Wow!!!
And do you even know how happy I was to see these people at the finish line? Who could ask for a better cheering section!? I think that maybe they were proud of me. But I'm proud of them every single day.
Just on a side note....Jordan....we would LOVE it if we could work out a middle ground run sometime that we could all do! Maybe Southern Utah??? We missed you, little bro!

And as another side note....I just looked at the official times and places....I placed 1230th out of the 2012 people who showed up to run! That's not very encouraging. Oh well. Maybe next time I can place somewhere in the hundrends.....

13 comments:

Maria said...

Good for you guys! That looks like so much fun. Especially to do it all together. You have no idea how much I wish I could have been there. I even considered flying in just for the weekend until I found out that we are moving this weekend.

I would love to find a middle one to do together. Due to my injuries this year I have not done a race since this spring and although I did 10 mile trail runs with some serious altitude change I have never ran farther than 10 miles either.

I don't know what S. Utah has other than the St. George one that is impossible to get in to. There are probably lots of other options. Maybe even Vegas, then people would have somewhere to stay. Do it this winter when it is nice and cold where you are.

Then again there is always the San Diego Thanksgiving Day half marathon. I am considering that one or a mud run/obstacle course at Camp Pendleton.

jennaloha said...

I'm so proud of you. I've been so proud of myself for the half-mile I ran last week. It was the most I'd run since forced to in gym class. But what you did is incredible! What an inspiration you are to me, Kelli- Love you!

Nicky said...

I don't know if Jord will read this since he's already left a comment - but I totally missed having him there! I think it would be a great idea to find something middle ground, or get him a ticket out this way for a weekend!

Great run! Thanks for the memories!!!!!!

Mark and Adrian said...

You guys are awesome!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun fun time. Good hard work!

tysonandmandimoser said...

Love it!!!! Definately need to do it again. Thanks for motivating me.

Janelle said...

You were amazing, Kelli! I am so glad that we found each other because you inspired me to keep going when I felt like I was truly spent! Thanks!!

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
farmgirl said...

WooHoo!! Good Job! I love that you did it as a family event.

Did someone say Southern Utah running?? The Snow Canyon Half is in the fall and I hear it is a great one.

Even though I am somewhat sporadic, I love running. It is good for the soul.

Jamie said...

Kelli--first of all, congrats on your big run! THAT IS AMAZING! also, congrats on looking like your'e 15 in all those pix.

I am writing out of a little desperation, looking for Cache Valley oonnections. My dear grandfather passed away last night and he is going to be burried in Logan on September 14th. My mother was suggesting the whole family truck back down to her ward in Eagle Mountain for a family gathering, which I think is ridiculous since it's so far from Logan and guests will be coming from all over and won't really want to go that far. Do you have contact with a kind Relief Society President or Bishop who would open a building for our family on Tuesday the 14th? We'll be at the old cemetery.

If you/someone you know can help, please message me at jameimelin@msn.com or give me a call at (406) 222-0837. I am in Montana, most of my family will be coming up from Arizona. THANK YOU!

Leslie said...

Kelli,
You look amazing! I am so impressed! Way to go!!!!!!! :) Take care!

Ginger said...

You are amazing! I always wish I could do that, but I never get up the nerve to even start running! P.S. - I agree with Jamie about the looking like you're 15. You look younger and younger all the time.

Huffstuff said...

Kelli You ROCK! I love how involved you are with your family. I've tried to get my One and only sister to run with me, I'd even settle with her daughter. Atleast Dan's sister runs, that is good enough. Congrats on the race. Now no injuries for OGden.