Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Symbolism

I love all of the sweet symbolism that comes with the Christmas season. I love to look at the star on top of the tree and thinking of the Shepard's traveling to see the baby Jesus, following the guiding star. I love the Christmas tree that stays green year round, that never dies (especially when it's a fake one like mine!!!), just like our Heavenly Father's love goes on forever. I love giving gifts, and remembering the birth of our Savior. I love the music. I love it all. It seems like there is always more symbolism to learn each time the Christmas season rolls around.

This year, I was so happy to catch a little symbolism right at the beginning of the season.


I learned that the cutest little helpers aren't always helping in the way that I envisioned. But I also learned that my Christmas tree may be naked from the waste down, and that's ok. Because after all...naked can be cute!

But yes, our tree is naked from the waste down. The couple of stray ornaments that happened to lay within reach of the littlest helping hands, have since been thrown across the room! They just look too much like balls, and Des has a great time throwing them! So ya, the tree may not be exactly a model tree this year, but we Love it, and we Love him.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Naked baby! I love it.

Nicky said...

Ours is naked too! (the tree that is). And my "pretty tree" with pretty ornaments and white lights is now hidden with blinking colored lights and the kids' ornaments they've made in school through the years! But secretly, I kinda prefer it that way!

Nicky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay and Rochelle said...

Too precious! Merry Christmas!

Huffstuff said...

Cute! I remember our 1/2 naked trees. Just remember they will be fully dressed again someday and you will wish that little Des was still little enough to throw those beautiful ornaments around.

farmgirl said...

The scroll down after, "Because, after all, naked can be cute..." was FANTASTIC!
My tree is naked from the waste down too. Between the cat, the three year old, and the day care kids (which include 18 month twins) I gave up. And the season got a lot brighter once I did. :o)

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

WHAT a tush!