Friday, June 12, 2009

Memorial Day (ya, so I'm running a bit behind!)

Over Memoril Day, we headed up to Warm River, just outside of Island Park. We picked up Erin on our way through Rexburg. We don't get up to see her near enough, so it was great to spend some time with her. We had a great time. On Sunday, we loaded up in the van and drove through part of Yellowstone. How is it that we've lived here for 4 years now, and never made it up to Yellowstone? It was a great weekend for all!

Derrick and Myah catching tadpoles



I have issues with river and lake water. Can you see the enthusiasm all over my face?


Skyler struggled with the concept of staying on the tube! But it made for some great laughs.
The weather was so beautiful for the first day (then it rained...a lot!).
Des tried to keep out of the sun though.





Mesa Falls
The girls.

The boys.



Yellowstone
Tannon and Myah
The kids patiently waiting for Old Faithful to show her stuff.


Erin and Myah. Aren't they cute?

And to top it all off, we were lucky enough to have recently purchased one of these....

....Only this is ours.....

...and we love it. It has a fridge, a toilet, beds, and a ton of character. Who could ask for more? I don't think we would dare take it very far away, but we'll sure enjoy it close to home.

9 comments:

tysonandmandimoser said...

Looks like you had fun. I am still laughing about the camper picture. That was quite funny!!! Was the river warm?

Nicky said...

I was thinking that Tyson or you really gave that trailer a face lift! That was great!
What's wrong with lake and river water??? Just cuz there's microscopic buggy thingies EVERYWHERE, what's so gross about that?

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Nicky-it's not microscopic buggy things. It's that I can't see what is under the water. And the current scares me. My arms are always too short to really control my tube, and I'm scared I'm going to get swept away. Illogical, I know, but I terrifies me. If you all only knew how completely panicked I really was in the Belize caves. Darkness, and murky river water, and a current....my 3 worst fears.

Unknown said...

Looks fun- I love yellowstone. Dave doesn't tho. :(

Maria said...

So I have to ask; who drains the sewage at the end of the trip? I picture Derrick in a space suit to do that job. Hahaha! -Jordan

Maria said...

We regret not seeing more of beautiful Utah when we lived there so we are doing our best to not do the same thing in CA. Island park area is beautiful!

Belize - yeah I didn't like not being able to see much in the caves and MY arms were way too short to control where I went - so I remember the zip line for Belize THAT was awesome!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Jordan-we have yet to resolve that issue. So far, we haven't been allowed to use the potty.

Nicky said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the picture in my head of you two in a space suit to clean the sewer - that is hilarious!! What's the point of a trailer if you don't use the WC??
And what are you afraid of not seeing what's below you in the river? You think a fish, or even better, a snake might bite your butt??!! :)

farmgirl said...

I LOVE your new home away from home...and I REALLY love the way you introduced it. :D :D :D You are funny, Lady. Your trip looks like so much fun, we have been saying we need to take the kids there for years--maybe some day we actually will.