Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Did I Miss Something?

I was driving in the car today...and realized something. Actually, I realized a few things. I feel like I missed something, because it all just snuck up on me!

First...I realized that I am the mother of a teenage boy, who is now taller than me, and wears a size 10 1/2 shoe! When did that happen?

Second...I have gray hairs. I'm not going to say any more, other than...It sucks.

Third...I have 5 children! Only middle-aged people have 5 children!

Fourth...I've been married for almost 14 years. Derrick should be translated for dealing with me for that long!

Fifth...I have 5 children! ....oh, I already said that! Sorry! But seriously...I know 'how' that happened, but HOW did that happen??? Shouldn't we have to fill out an application or something to be a parent to that many little spirits?

So I guess that my thought today, besides wondering where the time is going....is that the time is going very quickly, and I ought to make the most of every minute! I guess that means I ought to get off of the computer and go play polly pockets with Myah, or something.

8 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Thanks for sending me the invite! I don't know where I have been and missed your going private post!

I know how you feel about missing something! The shoe thing, Hayden needed new church shoes soooo bad. Dan said, let him try on my dress shoes, they totally fit. That made me feel so sad. I could not believe it. I too have been taking a few more moment to really play with Maysa. I don't want her fitting into my shoes to soon.

Unknown said...

I totally get it- I think I am missing stuff all the time and now that I NOTICE it- I want to start over and appreciate it better!

Maria said...

So crazy how fast time flies. We were just talking about how crazy it is we have almost been married 3 years! That is part of my motivation for blogging... to try to record stuff so I can remember when it is all over!

Leslie said...

Oh Kelli- I feel your pain I think I have you by a good 5-7 years too! I have a senior in HS who is taller, smarter AND more spiritual than me! :) He is going to college next year and I have PLENTY of gray hairs! Life moves fast- the trick, like you say, is enjoying the ride!

Tonya said...

Hey girl
Your kids are so cute. Nice nick names. We have too many nick names at my house and the recipient usually doesn't like them. Tom calls Caleb "Bucky the Badger" big teeth. He hates it but tom seems to get a ton of enjoyment out of teasing caleb. It makes me crazy. He calls Luke "Count Lukula" (for Dracula, halloween) pretty funny but he hates it too. Sabrina is still "Brina the Bug Baby" for when she was 2 and got lice from the crazy next door neighbors and Seth is "Beast" at school his friends and apparently teachers call him this. I don't have to explain. Miss ya tons

Ruth Swaner said...

I feel for your feelings of getting older...but wait til your my age and then complain. Also, I feel very, very bad that you haven't visited my blog for a while. I wanted you to see and comment on Michael. I saw one comment and thought oh it is from my family BUT it was from my friend in Provo. Oh Well

jennaloha said...

I told you not to get pregnant.

tysonandmandimoser said...

You are old!!!! Deal with it!!!! I am right behind you and that is what sucks!!! But isn't life great? My TWO kids stress me out so much, but what would we ever do without kids? What did we do before we had them? Life is such an amazing journey isn't it?