Monday, November 8, 2010

Run Run As Fast As I Can

Yay...I completed my 2nd half marathon on Saturday. And I really, really enjoyed it.

The weather was perfect. The runners were great fun and soooo encouraging. (I guess I'm the party pooper who didn't dress up to the theme of 'wild wild west'.) This crazy guy dressed up as Colonel ...???? (I can't remember, I always want to say colonel Mustard, but I know that's not right.) But the point is, the guy ran the entire 13.1 miles in complete costume! Can you even imagine how uncomfortable and hot that would be?


The scenery was gorgeous!

My cheerleaders were the best! (notice the man in the red long johns in the picture below. That was another of my favorite costumes.)And the uphill parts didn't even kill me! (although I was starting to wonder)

It felt great, and I'm so glad that I did it. I even improved my time by 8 minutes! I sure did miss the Mo's though. Maybe next year??? (btw...it didn't start until 10:13 in the morning. That was the best part of all! I didn't have to drag my butt out of bed until I was good and ready!)

10 comments:

Maria said...

Good job! I LOVE the look of success and accomplishment all over your face. Makes me smile. :)

Nicky said...

AWESOME! I wish I could have gone to be in the support crowd. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennaloha said...

That's freaking amazing. I am in awe.

farmgirl said...

WooHoo! You sho are a running fool!!
Nice work, my friend.

Unknown said...

I would have loved a nice corset barmaid costume on you. Oh wait- how could anyone run in that! Maybe just a t-shirt with 6 shooter on it?

Looks super fun!

bobbi said...

Nice job, Kelli!!! Very inspiring-- don't know if I could really do it, though!! You look great and I'm glad you feel great, too!!

tysonandmandimoser said...

You were amazing!!!! You are such a strong person, physically, mentally, and spiritually!!! One of the people I look up to the MOST in my life!! AND one of my best friends!!!!

Huffstuff said...

I am so jealous that you got to run the just cuz. I have wanted to do that for the past 4 years. It just happens to be on the first Saturday of the month, or otherwise baptism day. This year I thought yeah no more primary so I can, but I still have family and I had nephew getting baptised in Provo. You are AWESOME and I AM doing it next year, so if your in, Im in for dressing up. Way to go Kelli!

Hammond Family said...

Go Kelli!! You are awesome!!

Ratchfords said...

Congrats! You are amazing! But why are you not aging at all? You look just like you did in high school! Very unfair.