Saturday, October 10, 2009

Four Soccer Games, a Baptism, and a Funeral....

Today was a very, very busy day. But a very memorable day too. First thing this morning, Myah and I attended the baptism of one of our favorite, and newest official members of our 'ward family'. It's always so much fun to take my pre-baptism kids to watch their friends take 'the plunge'. I love that Myah has so many sweet little girls in our ward, our neighborhood, and our extended family to look up to.

Next, Derrick took all of the kids to their soccer games (a total of 4 games!) while I attended one of the sweetest and most memorable events of my life thus far. Another little member of our 'ward family' returned to our Heavenly Father, unexpectedly, last weekend. She was just about to turn 3 years old. We have been so worried about her family all week, but as it turns out, they seemed to be the ones who were comforting the rest of us. Her daddy spoke at the funeral today, and I don't know if I will ever forget the spirit I felt during those few minutes. I certainly feel more determined to hug my kids a little tighter. To focus on their strengths, and to cherish them a little more. I'm so thankful for that reminder.

And that's our Saturday in a nutshell....
Whew......

4 comments:

Nicky said...

It is always amazing to me how the Lord strengthens those who need to be strengthened when they need Him. That just breaks my heart.

jennaloha said...

That always makes my heart catch, especially when I have a child the same age. Goodness, things can change drastically in seconds.

farmgirl said...

That is so sad. I will hug all my munchkins a little tighter tonight...

Huffstuff said...

Don't know how you did it. But again thanks for coming. I did make it to the viewing the night before. I wanted to go to the funeral, but felt like it was Aubrie's day and I didn't want take away from her day. There was an awesome spirit already in the chapel that day. Glad we could make some changes so they could have the funeral there.