Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Official.

It really is official. There's just no more getting around it. I'm Getting OLD! Here's how I know.
Case 1: The other morning, running on the treadmill, made sure to empty the bladder one last time before I started. Well, I could still feel myself peeing my pants just a little. What's next? Depends?
Case 2: Gave up on the treadmill. Went outside to jumprope. (Seriously, What was I thinking, right? Of course, maybe the whole ability to think things through goes with age too.) So I was jumproping. And then Myah asked what that wet spot was on my pants. Um, ya. I told her it was sweat. But is that any more pleasant than the truth? At that point, I just gave up and let it go. All of it.
Case 3: One of my sweet young women from a few years back, started a blog. I was so excited to read it. But first, I had to request that she make the print bigger. I couldn't quite see the words. They make cute bifocals these days, don't they?
Case 4: The gray hair is coming on strong. That's ok, but why does it have to be all wirey, and poke straight up? Very not attractive.
That's all I've got! But surely, it makes a pretty strong case that the bus to old town isn't cruising on past me this time! Oh well. I guess there's no getting around it. Just as soon as I get Desmond out of diapers, I'll start wearing them! I guess I've got something to look forward to!

15 comments:

Maria said...

LOL, funny post.
Thanks for the laugh - I needed that tonight!

farmgirl said...

Ahh, well. Welcome to 'phase II', nice to see you here. Seriously, when did 34 become old?!?!? I just did NOT see it coming. I now sometimes wake up sore from....sleeping. WoW, what a workout that is! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. :o)

Huffstuff said...

I can relate totally. I hate it. I think its more the fact of having children 4 and your case 5 that has done it to you. Not age. You are still very young and just think you will never be as old as me. lol

Nicky said...

I would have laughed...but then I'd have peed my pants - not good.

Anneke said...

I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one! Seriously!... what happened to us? :)
And, I have to say how much I love reading your blog. You always have the funnest things to say and say them so well - I'm just not good in that area and I really admire that. I need to take on your attitude that you list on your self description on your side bar... thanks for the inspiration. I'm thankful to know you and to be able to consider you a friend.
And, your parents are Great! I'm excited for them to get to go on a mission - they will be loved! Your mom is always such a sweetheart to me whenever I get to see her. Give her a hug for me before she takes off to the mission field.

Mark and Adrian said...

That is seriously the funniest post I have ever read. Thanks for making my day. If you are old what does that make Nicky and I. We must be ancient. You'll have to fight us for the diapers and the hair color.

Leslie said...

Sooo funny Kelli! But take heart! At least your uterus hasn't fallen out yet like mine did! :P Ha ha! Just wait til 40- I'm telling you it's emotionally painful! Hee hee! What is Ashleighs blog address? I would love to see it!

Ratchfords said...

You are so funny! Blame your five kids, not your age!
My kids don't understand why I don't jump on the tramp with them very often, and I'm not sure I'm ready to explain why...

Unknown said...

yah- I feel the old coming on too. :)

Mer said...

I'd like to say that I am way behind you since I just started having the babies, but I think it will just hit me all at once instead of a little at a time - but thanks for helping us all see the humor!

Ruth Swaner said...

I laughed until I peed my pants...don't worry your list will get longer....Mom S.

Janelle said...

Too funny, too true! My kids think that it is funny to ask me if I want to jump on the trampoline with them. But before I can respond they always laugh and say, "Oh yeah, you can't because you will wet your pants!" It happens to the best of us - I think that it is the kids not the age!:)

Vanessa said...

That is hilarious! You are too funny.

Tonya said...

You make me laugh. There is a surgery for that, ya know. I have to say that playing volleyball PEE FREE is fabulous. Any yes, the eyes and gray. I just didn't think i was going to get old. I don't feel old inside, help I need to get out of this body.

jennaloha said...

I didn't comment on this earlier but I thought it was awesome when I first read it. I didn't expect it from you. There are panties for that kind of stuff, check the other side of the Kotex isle :)