Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Times in Jackson Hole

A couple of weeks ago, we made a quick trip up to Jackson Hole with some of my favorite people in the world. We hit Bar J on Friday night, and had a great time. As always, the food was nothing to brag about, but the entertainment just can't be beat!

And since these 2 are leaving on a mission next month, we are so glad that we got to have a little time with them before they head off to their very own deserted island (along with about 5000 other people) for the next 18 months. (More on that later) We're just so happy that they could take a couple days from their crazy busy schedule to hang out with us! Robin and Reece and Rylee also joined in the fun. Good times, I tell yu.



So first thing first, we went to the Bar J. I haven't been there in many, many years. It was fun to take the kiddos. I think that Skyler liked it the most. Maybe it's his age.

Skyler and Grandma, anxiously awaiting the most delicious cowboy dinner ever! Myah, Rylee, and Robin.

Derrick and Tannon, having a little Pow-Wow.


Can you just see the enthusiasm on their faces?
Maybe they've outgrown the whole 'posing with a fake plastic animal' thing.

But why hasn't he?

After a good nights rest in a most excellent hotel condo that we were all able to share for a pretty decent price, we were off to Bubba's for breakfast.


Myah and Rylee, just waiting for our turn.


Grandpa, Reece, and Zac doing the same.

And Derrick and Des....

With full tummies, we strolled the streets of Jackson. After my mom and Tannon and I, snuck into an art festival (by accident, of course), we had to stop and pose with another fake animal.



It looks like the kids have improved on their level of enthusiasm...

But still not as much as these guys! Nothin quite like smooching a fake buffalo!

And we swung by the candy shop to get the kids a caramel apple.
Des was really into the whole caramel apple thing.

Let's take a closer look....

And while the kids ate their apples, this guy was just takin it easy and lookin good.


Good food, great entertainment, awesome people.....who could ask for more?

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Okay, so I loved seeing the pics of your cute little family in JH posing with the animals. Great times for sure, but I have to admit, I truly LOVED seeing the pic of your parents!!! What great people they are! My mom had told me about their mission call. Pretty exciting stuff! Do they leave in October? I'm trying to prepare myself for the day when my parents leave, they talk about it often.
Des just looks like a Moser!! Love that little tongue sticking out in the apple pic. Okay, I think that's enough rambling!!!! Sorry!

farmgirl said...

Alright, your vacay posts always make me want to join you. I haven't been to Jackson Hole since I was a teenager. And I will tell you what...it's high time I get me (and my family) back there!

And p.s. for the record...your comment had me rolling on the floor. Ir's all good to join in on the making fun of us old people.....until you remember that you are only EIGHT DAYS YOUNGER than me!! Ha, Ha-not so funny any more, is it?

Once again, thank you FB for hooking us back up. You're my kinda people. :o)

Joann said...

Your trip sounds like a ton of fun!!! Where did you guys stay at, I may make the Monte Moser family duplicate your trip.

Unknown said...

Glad you could enjoy your parents a little before their long journey!

Jay and Rochelle said...

My favorite place to be! I don't think you can never have a good time in Jackson. Way to make a stop at Bubba's that is our favorite! Wishing your parents good luck on their mission!

Nicky said...

That just makes me jealous!!!! I hate not being part of the party. Glad it was fun.