Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Tutu!

One year ago today, this little guy came into our lives.
I honestly had no clue exactly how much I would love and adore him!
I can't even imagine life without little Des.
He was born on 8/18/08 at exactly 7:59 in the morning.
So I took this picture at exactly 7:59 this morning, one year later.... Happy Birthday little Desmond Tutu!

And just in case you're wondering where he got that fabulous name.....


His real name is Desmond Michael (after Derrick's little brother), but Grandpa Moser very quickly nicknamed him after Desmond Tutu (whom I had never heard of), and it stuck.
I was so excited to actually drive past this billboard one day in Salt Lake (right by the most delicious Red Iguana). The real Desmond Tutu seems like a decent fella, right?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

happy Birthday Desmond...and Mommy.

Maria said...

Wow! It's hard to believe it has been a whole year! Crazy how time flies. Happy Birthday Des!

Huffstuff said...

That year went way to fast! Happy Birthday Des!

Nicky said...

I'm so glad that it's a year later, and not reliving that moment - it was a kinda scary time. Happy Birthday little guy!

Jay and Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Des! Love the picture at 7:59 am! I can't believe its already been a year!

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

What a year it's been and what would we do without any of those little ones. Happy birthday to Desmond.

farmgirl said...

Honestly, I am amazed that 'mother of five' remembers to take a picture at ANY exact moment it time. Hat's off to you!! And Happy Birthday to your cute little guy. :o)

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday! The past year flew by for me...as I'm sure it did for you. He is adorable. I haven't seen him in a while and didn't realise he had blonde hair. What a cutie!